The Tool Engineer will lead the activities for new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements. He or She will coordinate all activities required during the Design, Build and Qualification of both prototype and production intent plastic injection molds in order to meet customer requirements and receive full product approval. Tool engineer will facilitate the transference of new production tools to the manufacturing floor during manufacturing ramp up and volume production.
- Assist in the development of tooling concepts and cost estimates, Design for Manufacturability (DFM) analysis, and evaluation of multiple tooling alternatives to meet customer needs and win new projects. 2. Specify, source and kick-off (both internally and externally) new tooling projects within the company.
- Collaborate with other departments and/or sub-suppliers during the design, build, and sampling of injection tooling projects.
- Evaluate and interpret Quality Department part measurement results and develop necessary tool grooming plan to achieve full part approval.
- Prepare and complete program documentation as required as well as providing status reports as per established schedule.
- Work with Program Manager and Customers, as required, during each stage of tooling development to keep them engaged and informed.
- Provide technical assistance from a tooling perspective to Manufacturing Department during problem solving, process improvement and cost reduction initiatives. REQUIREMENTS: 1. Minimum of five (5) years tooling experience in the molding industry with experience in Injection Molds, validation, debug, vendor selection, and working with tool shops. 2. Knowledge of plastic materials and design for manufacturing in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality. 3. Experience in the development of plastic processing parameters. 4. Working knowledge of Project Management tools such as MS Project, Excel, Word, etc… 5. Familiarity with all aspect of Product Development phases including, but not limited to APQP, PPAP and IQ/OQ/PQ. 6. Familiarity with all aspects of part Quality Control outputs including FAI, Capability Study, Gage R&R, etc… 7. Familiarity with Creo design environment. 8. Demonstrated flexibility to manage multiple projects and interface with teams. 9. Excellent problem solving and communications skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- tooling: 5 years (Preferred)