General Description of Position:
Identify, collect, and lead resolution of quality problems with incoming parts, raw materials, factory processes, and finished products (boats, trailers, and related services). Design and implement quality systems to detect, prevent, and/or correct product or service deficiencies.
· Develop process control plans with Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
· Analyze, investigate, and recommend corrective action for dealer/consumer quality issues.
· Coach other Quality Department personnel in the use of quality tools.
· Participate in weekly warranty meetings
· Conduct training on quality assurance procedures and systems.
· Investigate supplier issues and communicate to the supplier.
· Assist in developing procedures and work instructions used to conduct daily (routine) operations of the quality department.
· Conduct and participate in corrective action reporting.
· Support manufacturing in achieving production targets and goals by interfacing and cooperating with other support departments (e.g., Engineering, Customer Service, etc.).
· Develop product quality standards, specifications and criteria for acceptance.
· Review, update, and pareto inspection data, and determine necessary actions required to reduce Internal defects per unit (IDPU) and improve first time through (FTT)
· Prepare and update monthly Warranty reporting and corrective actions.
· Participate in new program launch and design reviews.
· Provide planning inputs for process and product audits
· Participate in scheduled product / internal audits.
· Participate in review, approval and validation of material and process changes.
· Actively promote continuous improvement for all processes and products.
· Support the annual quality department plan, targets, and objectives.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of information systems to improve internal processes (AIMsWarranty Recovery, PPAP, etc).
- Monitor calibration schedule and assist with scheduling third part to perform calibration activities.
- Assist Manager with providing direction to Quality Inspectors, document control, and other department needs.
- Support Warranty repair (needs and resources) and complete authorization paperwork.
- Communicate with the customer service team on repair status and return to owner.
- Issue, track actions to closure, and close quality alarms.
· Other duties as requested by Quality Department management.
O*rganizations/ individuals outside NauticStar to whom there is regular contact: *
Dealer Representatives - occasional contact regarding product quality issues (Customer Service and Director of Quality have primary interface)
Vendors – regular contact regarding raw material issues and opportunities
Organizations/individuals inside NauticStar to whom there is regular contact:
Director of Operations – daily basis for production issues.
Process Engineering - daily basis for process control and continuous improvement activities
Manufacturing Supervisors – daily basis for production issues and continuous improvement
Education & Work Experience:
An engineering or science (BS) degree is Preferred. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years prior experience as a Quality Engineer in a complex assembly operation. Previous experience with ISO 9001 or ISO/TS 16949 is a plus. Must have 8D or structured problem-solving training and experience. Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and database software is required. Must possess a working knowledge of standard quality terminology, measurement technology, and excellent presentation and written communication skills. Previous marine background or experience is preferred.
Works in both office and plant environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Plant environment varies with outside temperature and noise levels vary in different production areas. Effective near vision or near vision accommodation is required. Talking and hearing are required. Minimal bending, stooping, walking, and stair climbing are required as is lifting items of moderate weight. Must be able to climb in and out of boats with ladders, steps, etc. as applicable. NauticStar quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.
Occasional travel is required. May visit dealers and suppliers concerning quality issues.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location