AUDIO ENGINEER | MIAMI (PART-TIME)
We're Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We're artists, music lovers and organisers. We're a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create a space where music matters.There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it's magical.
We're looking for Audio Engineers to work with our regional production team and bring the magic on the sound desk at local shows.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a music-adoring team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide live sound reinforcement for artist performing in unique spaces
- Work with the show team & performers to prep for the show
- Organize gear pick up and return across a local community of other Audio Engineers
- Work with the central Production team to identify the best ways of working locally
- You'll work 3 x shows a week (max' 10 shows a month)
- You'll also discover a lot of amazing new music along the way
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who has a passion for live sound & creative problem solving
- Excited by a dynamic pool of artists, venues and unique audio scenarios
- Comfortable working & communicating with creatives in high pressure situations
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you're paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We'll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we'll hop on a call to say "Hello" and to start getting to know one another. If it's not the right opportunity this time, we'll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process for this type of role takes a maximum of 2 weeks end to end. You'll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we'll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to meet you - come on in
Job Type: Part-time