SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking a Licensing Engineer to assist the company in the support of the NRC review of the operating license application, the preparation for, and coordination of, the NRC construction inspection, the preparation and submittal of permit and license applications to other applicable regulatory agencies, and to ensure ongoing compliance with all licenses and permits.
This position is located in Janesville, WI. Relocation assistance is offered.
The Licensing Engineer will work as part of an innovative, collaborative, cross-discipline team to license the SHINE Production Facility. It is anticipated that this position will transition from the design and licensing phase, through construction and into supporting the operation of the facility.
- Coordinating with technical personnel to manage the licensing basis of the facility, including the Final Safety Analysis Report and the programs described therein; including Final Safety Analysis Report sections and the programs described therein
- Oversight of vendor deliverables to ensure regulatory, quality, budget, and schedule objectives are met
- Preparation of licensing correspondence to the NRC (e.g., application supplements, responses to requests for additional information, exemption requests)
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations for construction and operation of the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, scientific discipline, or related field, or equivalent experience such as a Senior Reactor Operator License.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization, as well as interface with regulators, contractors, and suppliers.
- 3+ years of experience in Licensing is preferred.
Indeed Hire and SHINE Medical Technologies are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Licensing: 2 years (Required)
- nuclear reaction/national lab/reactor lab: 2 years (Required)
- Reactor Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Janesville, WI (Preferred)