Aerobiotix, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Electrical Engineer who is passionate about enhancing healthcare outcomes by improving the environment of care. We manufacture industry-leading hospital air decontamination devices to benefit patients and healthcare providers on a global basis. The Electrical Engineer is an experienced, detail-oriented engineering individual that will contribute to the development and continued compliance of innovative projects. The Electrical Engineer will work with a variety of colleagues in development engineering and manufacturing as well as external organizations. Will be responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and standards both during development and throughout the lifecycle of the commercialized product. Reports to the VP of Engineering. Located at Dayton, Ohio Headquarters.
Essential functions for the Electrical Engineer:
- Design, develop and test electrical systems for use in the air quality industry.
- Contribute to various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for improved processes.
- Generate technical requirements for product development based one regulatory and certification standards from the following organizations: FDA, OSHA, CSA and CE.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members.
- Communicate and collaborate with key personnel and suppliers to support company objectives.
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Interact with various third party test labs to identify testing requirements and ensure understanding of requirements and their applicability to the company products.
- Work closely with Operations to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Conduct research to collect and analyze data to create reports about existing projects.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 3+ years of engineering experience.
- Thorough understanding of electronic systems, materials and processes.
- Proficient with the use of required software related to electronic design.
- Experience with and understanding of the following: (1) FDA CFR 21 Part 820 Quality System Regulation for Medical Devices, (2) ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, (3) ISO 13485:2016 Medical Devices – Quality Management Systems, (4) ISO 14971 Medical Devices – Application of Risk Management, (5) UL / IEC / CSA / CE / CARB Standards, and (6) UL / ETL marking requirements
- Leadership skills necessary to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Successful track record and willingness to learn.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline driven environment.
- Fluent in computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in a start-up, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Ability to work in a team-minded approach to achieve individual and company success.
- Less than 5% travel for training opportunities.
You will be part of an ambitious work environment in which teams work together to build safer environments for patients and caregivers globally. Aerobiotix offers a flexible work environment which allows for on-site office work, remote work, or a combination. You will have great opportunities to learn and develop, and you will be offered a competitive salary package and benefits.
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Opportunities.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- State of the Art Facility
At Aerobiotix, we are pioneering a healthcare revolution by reinventing the environment of care. Healthcare environments are an important and under-recognized driver of patient outcomes and satisfaction. Our mission is to reimagine this novel area of healthcare using new technologies to create environments which support healing disease, not propagating it.
Aerobiotix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)