Reuter Walton Commercial is an award-winning commercial general contractor based in Minneapolis. We specialize in multi-family, mixed use and hospitality projects. We have established ourselves as the go-to-firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we are most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for a few people who embody our values of fairness, integrity and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. The Company is committed to excellence and is looking for people who will contribute to the company’s growth.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer (PE) to join our team as soon as possible! You will assist the project team in obtaining, evaluating, coordinating and distributing the information and authorizations necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified.
What you’ll do:
Our ideal candidate is passionate about construction, detail orientated, curious, team focused, fun, hard-working, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right. PE’s are involved in estimating, buyout, submittals, and change management and will have frequent interaction with the owner/client, consultants and subcontractors. The level of involvement depends on specific project needs, Project Manager needs, and ability level of the Project Engineer. It is an opportunity to see and make a positive impact on all aspects of one or more projects at any one time. While primarily an office position, a PE does spend time at the jobsite as necessary to meet project demands. PE’s assist Project Managers with the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate permitting and city government coordination for all aspects of a project
- Coordinate and distribute submittals and shop drawings through project completion
- Support field management with scheduling of projects and subcontractors
- Track RFI and submittal documents
- Schedule, attend and take minutes at project meetings
- Assist in development of punch lists and the follow-up necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work
- Assist with project take-offs, bidding and estimating from project beginning to end
- Interpreting blueprints, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Ability to estimate and do quantity take-offs
Want to get your resume to the top? Take a look at our requirements:
- Four-year construction management/engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
- Experience in commercial construction
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.) as well as an understanding of industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project/Word/Excel is a must; preferred software is Procore, Timberline, Sage and On-Screen Takeoff
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must as the Project Engineer interacts with multiple Project Managers requesting assistance in a variety of areas
- Must be a self-starter with a proactive approach who can adapt easily to a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and provide a verbal and/or written response
- Ability to read, write, spell, speak, and understand English to effectively write reports and business correspondence and can perform math calculations including algebra and geometry
- Must have access to reliable transportation
What You’ll Get
Reuter Walton strives to provide a generous compensation and benefits package to help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a great work/life balance. Our benefits include medical (two plan options), dental, vision, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) plus company match, holidays, and PTO. On top of all that, you’ll be surrounded by awesome people who care deeply about what they do and will do whatever it takes to help YOU succeed.
Due to our company size, all employees have the opportunity for immediate involvement and impact in every aspect of their position. You won’t find a better career in the commercial construction industry anywhere else. Let’s talk! We’ll prove it!
The Next Step:
As a part of the application process, we ask that you submit the following:
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will do our best to be in touch within 3 business days. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Qualified candidates who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and criminal background check.
For more information, visit our website at www.reuterwalton.com.
Reuter Walton is not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruiters at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Minneapolis, MN 55408 (Required)