About Noria Water Technologies
Noria is optimizing industrial processes through real-time monitoring, advanced spectral imaging, machine learning, and decision-support. Our flagship technology shines a spotlight on hard-to-access membranes in membrane-based desalination plants. Desalination is hailed as a critical solution to water scarcity, but it can be expensive and wasteful. Traditional Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nanofiltration (NF) approaches run often run inefficiently due to a lack of real-time data on the status of the filtration membrane -- wasting water, energy, and chemicals.
Noria Water Technologies' validated, proprietary technology enables early detection of membrane fouling and mineral scaling and optimizes desalination operations. Our real-time, direct membrane monitoring and operator decision support system can be installed across applications (i.e., seawater desalting, wastewater reuse, brackish groundwater, agricultural drainage water, industrial process water for power plants, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, mining, food and beverage, petrochemical, etc.) and the size of the system (i.e., turnkey, pilot, full-scale systems).
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic team member to join Noria's founding team in our next stage of growth! We are a startup company with great traction and a lot of exciting things on the horizon. While of course, any new team member will receive onboarding and support, we do need to hit the ground running. Please make sure to read the job description and requirements thoroughly before applying!
Noria has an opening for a talented, ambitious Director, Hardware Engineering & Operations to join our technology startup team! You will be working on everything from product development (design, prototyping, testing), manufacturing, supply chain management, and field installations, to creating customer training/onboarding programs. You'll be joining a small and dynamic team of individuals working together to innovate and commercialize technologies to advance the efficiency and reach of membrane-based water treatment. Experience in the power industry, industrial automation, or municipal/industrial water and wastewater is a must. Specific background related to membrane technology is a plus, but not required.
- Work with the CTO and software developers to design, prototype, and test hardware systems/instruments/devices.
- Research, develop, and implement solutions for new products and for improvements of existing products.
- Computer-aided design of hardware parts and assembly (e.g., Solidworks, Altium, etc).
- Research, select and build relationships with hardware parts vendors and OEM manufacturing solutions.
- Develop and maintain bill of materials.
- Purchase outsourced hardware parts, fabricate in-house hardware components, assemble systems.
- Develop and implement systems testing and validation protocols.
- Test, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot (both on-site and remotely) deployed systems in field environments (i.e., industrial and municipal water and wastewater treatment plants).
- Writing technical progress and final reports with data observations and recommendations.
- Work with the CEO on product-market fit and provide technical support to Applications/Sales engineers.
- Travel domestically around the U.S. and abroad up to 25% time for project installations and site visits.
- Opportunity for growth and expansion in the position.
- Opportunity for company shares, benefits, travel.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience with Bachelors in Science in STEM (e.g., electrical, chemical, mechanical, civil engineering, or equivalent); OR 3-5 Years of experience with Masters in STEM.
- Previous experiences with design and prototyping of electronics.
- Experience with computer software/electrical systems for data acquisition and control (i.e. SCADA for industrial automation).
- Technical writing skills (will be asked to provide a writing sample).
- Enjoys working in the flexible and fast-paced environment of a startup company and is comfortable with reprioritizing and multitasking.
- Positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with team members toward mutual success.
- Dedication to safe working practices in laboratory and industrial environments.
- Ability to travel and perform physical work at industrial environments (industrial/municipal, water/wastewater treatment facilities, desalination plants, power plants, and other heavy industrial environments).
- Full-time work at the Noria offices located in West Los Angeles.
- US work authorization.
- Knowledge and experiences in working with processes and equipment for membrane-based separations and heat exchange.
- Familiarity and experiences with developing and implementing solutions for industrial imaging, optics, illumination, spectrophotometry.
- Previous experiences with CNC machining and 3D printing.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Stock option plan for qualified employees. Please send/attach your resume and references in PDF format.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Temporarily due to COVID-19