1. Performs and coordinates the mechanical design and development of new products, or major modifications of existing products.
2. Responsible for the accuracy of design and the quality of the final detailed part drawings.
3. Promotes open atmosphere encouraging idea generation, technology assessment and innovation.
4. Makes decisions within the framework of applied technology; formulates new approaches and techniques for the solution of technical problems encountered in design.
5. Evaluates and tests new technologies]=
6. Must stay abreast of new developments in component technologies and trends in the capital equipment manufacturing industry sector.
7. Tests and reports
8. Oversees development of documentation necessary for manufacturing release of the prototype.
9. Responsible for the application of engineering and manufacturing standards, as well as appropriate product and component standards in the area of product responsibility. Expected to produce designs, which comply with engineering standards and all local standards, which apply in the areas in which the machine will be sold.
10. Participates in the design review process for all assigned projects
11. Communicates design intent to the electrical engineer, ensuring electrical requirements are included in the design, and the product operates in the most efficient manner, without unnecessary complexity.
12. Communicate and present with manufacturing, assembly and service to resolve conflicts, reviews designs, and incorporates suggestions in improvements.
- Requires an Associates degree in Mechanical Design or related field plus 4 years experience designing with Solidworks, AutoCAD
- Experience with web handling design, paper or plastic products
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Mechanical Design: 4 years (Preferred)
- web handling design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance