Role Description - Client Solutions Engineer
BlueCats US, LLC - Austin, TX office
BlueCats are the designers, owners, and providers of the leading IoT and Real Time Location System (RTLS) platform.
We specialize in, and have pioneered solutions based upon GPS, Bluetooth, Ultra WideBand and other modern RF technologies, from top to bottom. We design and produce hardware, write firmware, device management middleware, and a large suite of End-user Applications and APIs. Our team is full of curious, passionate, and constantly innovating thinkers. From design to code to implementation, our team ensures we provide the best solution for our customers, across innumerable industries around the world.
Are you interested in joining our innovative, fast-growing team? BlueCats is looking for a highly-motivated individual with strong communication skills, technical proficiency, and a diverse skill set in BlueCats’ Austin, Texas office.
The person in this position will assist the hardware engineering and software teams during the internal development and release schedule, thinking from the customer’s perspective so that features and workflow address feedback from the market. In addition, the person will assist the support team on all active deployments and will assist in reviewing technical reference material in order to support current products and prepare new products for go-to-market.
The role will require some travel to customer sites to deploy systems or train customers. Often these deployments come with previously unknown obstacles, and overcoming them will require ingenuity.
On-site work will involve engaging directly with customers, determining on-site demands, ensuring the system is functional, tested, and meets expectations. Installations may also include training the customer on basic system use. Possessing good communication skills will be essential.
As a team member you will:
- Learn and become proficient with BlueCats devices and software
- Understand BlueCats core commercial values and goals
- Work with technical and sales staff to clarify the specifics of an installation and execute accordingly
- Use and create manuals, drawings, diagrams, and schematics
- Communicate effectively with customers and BlueCats teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field
- At least 5 years of experience with technical work
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity working with electronic hardware/software products
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux software tools
- Strong computer skills (advanced)
- Intermediate programming skills: Matlab, C++ (or similar), embedded
- Basic networking knowledge
- Quick study of new software
- Basic electrical engineering knowledge: Analog and Digital Circuits, Antennas, RF Propagation, Power Supplies
- Basic mechanical skills: hand tools, product assembly
- Minimal mechanical engineering knowledge: materials, production considerations, industrial safety requirements
- Understanding of scientific method for data collection
- Mathematics skills
- Good communication skills: customer interaction (in-person, teleconference, email), presentation preparation, remote support, data presentation, de-complicate and explain complex systems
- Adaptable to changing requirements
- Punctuality and resilience
- Patience and persistence
- Positive attitude
- Willing to dive in where and when needed
The position will be based in Austin, Texas. BlueCats offers a strong compensation package with a competitive salary and the best in the market comprehensive benefits which include fully-paid, low deductible medical, dental, and vision coverage, options for life insurance and 401k participation, plus paid time off.
This is a full-time job, based and salary will be commensurate with experience and fit.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
Our work can often be accomplished remotely, and we allow flexibility.
- Technical Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)