Evaluate manufacturing processes and make recommendations for improvements to optimize performance. Work as a member and leader of various audit teams to ensure the most effective results are produced by the group. Perform ongoing research and evaluation of equipment, processes, and techniques used externally in the cement industry and in other industries for purposes of determining performance benchmarks and best practices.
- Organize and facilitate audit team efforts to effectively evaluate and optimize major production equipment systems including kilns, preheaters, grinding mills, crushers, and plant services.
- Perform necessary calculations and analyses to convert field data from the manufacturing process, into coherent and comprehensive energy and material balances. Lead team in the recommendations of opportunities for process improvements. Assist plant CI teams in the implementation of those improvements.
- Perform internal and external benchmarking of the key manufacturing process. Develop best practices manual from benchmarking findings. Perform ongoing searches of manufacturing practices that could provide insight for internal improvements.
- Work with the raw materials and fuel group on sources and process effects of process input changes. Make recommendations on material source selection.
- Participate as a team leader with the global maintenance steering committee. Organize and facilitate regular meetings of the maintenance team(s). Suggest key subjects for group focus, compile group input, and generate reports with findings and recommendations.
- Perform ad hoc performance analyses of various company assets. Implement process improvements for efficiency, output, and safety of the manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with the plant’s quality control team to optimize raw material proportioning.
- Work with the environmental teams in the selection and optimization of plant equipment and instrumentation to help ensure compliance with applicable regulations, permits, and initiatives.
- Work with the company engineering group in the determination of process equipment selection for capital projects. Assist in the post-audit evaluation of capital projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; an emphasis in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Four (4) years relevant experience. Experience in rotary kiln manufacturing is a plus.
- Cement manufacturing experience.
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with the aptitude to learn and apply new skills quickly.
- Desire to work within a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Experience with heat and material balances of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have experience in the Cement industry?
- Process engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location