JOIN US AT MALARKEY ROOFING
Today's Talent, Tomorrow's Success
Malarkey takes pride in selecting our most important asset our employees. Become a part of our mission to manufacture and deliver innovative, performance driven building products with service and integrity that is unparalleled.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works collaboratively with end users to develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making. The BI Developer uses PowerBI and SQL data sources to model data to solve organizational problems through reports, analysis, and data visualization. The BI Developer will work in support of all managers and users requiring data for decision support.
This is an on-site position located in Portland, OR.
Essential Functions include:
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Partners with stakeholders, process specialists, and users to elicit and document business requirements.
- Translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirements.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Designs, develops and maintains reports and analytical tools within SQL Data Warehouse and PowerBI frameworks. Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and analytical solutions.
- Collaborates with 3rd party vendors to maintain and improve data warehouse and BI infrastructure.
- Uses current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements.
Duties and tasks are nonroutine and reflect substantial variety and complexity. Applies advanced clerical/support or paraprofessional skills. Adapts procedures and processes to accomplish position requirements. Works under general supervision. See job description for specifics.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business-related field.
- REQUIRED: At least 2 years' experience in business analytics or business intelligence with advanced knowledge of PowerBI, Microsoft SQL Server, Excel, and other common data source formats.
- PREFERRED: Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 Cloud Technologies, Power Automate, and Data Warehousing technologies.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are also essential. Strong management skills, detail oriented, flexible, able to prioritize multiple projects with strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization, administrative and creative problem-solving skills required. Able to communicate to all levels of organization in all settings (from individual to large group). Must be very approachable and able to develop strong professional relationships and foster involvement at all levels of organization.
Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and changing circumstances with a positive attitude. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others. Ability to meet critical deadlines and work under pressure. Ability to organize and prioritize work on long-term basis. The ability to communicate effectively amongst different departments with all levels in the company. Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes.
This position includes continuous talking, hearing, and frequent sitting in front of a computer. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hand. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to lift to 50 pounds as needed. This position may require working outside of normal business hours. Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced, high productive work environment is necessary.
When you join the Malarkey family, you have access to enhanced health care designed to keep you and your family healthy for today and for the future. Malarkey also offers financial wellness planning and contributions to your retirement plan. Our programs allow our employees to thrive and achieve success both at work and in their personal lives. Malarkey offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Death and Dismemberment, and a retirement plan.
Malarkey Roofing Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 per year