Implement, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes in accordance with product specifications, quality standards and cost objectives. Design and implement improvements to production processes, assembly methods and quality controls. Support manufacturing launch of new or derivative products. Support ODL quality objectives by providing analysis, training and statistical problem solving. Work cross-functionally with all levels of manufacturing and leadership, utilizing a lean, value-added approach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and implement lean manufacturing processes to optimize balanced one-piece production flow, ergonomic and error-free assembly methods and reliable production equipment.
- Prepare and maintain accurate layouts of facilities, production areas and equipment.
- Provide manufacturing leadership to the development process for new and revised products to insure quality and volume targets are achieved and projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Work with outside suppliers to specify, develop and purchase reliable equipment, fixtures and tools.
- Analyze and improve processes for cost reduction, quality improvement, and increased efficiency.
- Establish and document process standards. Establish or collaborate on standard work, work breakdown instructions, quality standards and safe work methods. Train operators and team leaders to those standards.
- Establish and maintain process capability standards and process monitoring procedures to insure process capability and quality are maintained. Participate in standard work audits.
- Troubleshoot production and quality problems. Analyze root causes to contain, resolve, validate and prevent recurrence. Lead teams through the 8D problem solving process.
- Support ODL quality system responsibilities through compliance and revision of operating system control documents, policies and procedures.
- Lead or support the development, testing and implementation of new and revised packaging.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including MS Project. Familiarity with ERP systems, Oracle preferred.
- A broad knowledge of relevant manufacturing and process technologies.
- Training and successful experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Systems. Lean Manufacturing certification preferred (TPS or similar.)
- Strong expertise in problem solving, continuous improvement and statistical process control. Trained in 8D or other problem solving methodology.
- Statistical analysis and Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lean Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 7 years (Required)