We are an Iowa-based Information Security and Privacy firm offering customized full-service programs to protect your and your customers’ data. We reveal what you don’t know about your technology security, prepare you for the future challenges, and help protect your privacy and data with a system of tailored, layered, and ongoing security that is right for your organization.
Not only are we a cool company doing cool things, we really care about our employees and encourage an innovative and open environment offering nice and even some unique benefits for our team members to take advantage of.
This position is responsible for engineering, implementing, monitoring and maintaining security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill , and/or ability.
Essential Job Functions (include but are not limited to the following)
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Uphold the values of ProCircular and abide by the Company handbook.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire will not be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Experience:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Technical minded and driven.
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Capable of working effectively independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, goal and detail oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently
- Communicate in a positive manner with clients and escalate any issues and/or messages accordingly
- Must be able to efficiently use Microsoft Word and Excel
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Knowledge of offensive security testing techniques.
- Proficiency with Python, Bash, PowerShell, and other common scripting languages.
- Familiarity cloud environments, such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Working knowledge of industries including education, health care, government, manufacturing, and financial.
- Public and private sectors; for profit and non-profit industries.
- Actively enrolled in a computer related program
- Solid references from co-workers and former employers
- Must have a natural drive for learning
The primary language of ProCircular is English. Excellent communication skills are required, defined as the ability to:
Reasoning Ability Requirements:
- Actively listen for total comprehension
- Ask questions that enhance the understanding of a certain topic
- Relay information and/or instruction in a descriptive and understandable fashion in both written and verbal format
High-functioning, reasoning abilities are necessary to meet deadlines, prioritize company and customer needs, and work in a high functioning collaborative team environment.
Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. may be necessary from time to time. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, view a computer monitor, and type frequently/constantly (up to 8 hours a day).
Travel is not required for this role.
This role is non-exempt which entitles the employee to overtime pay. Non-exempt employees must be paid for each hour worked and are paid 1.5 times their hourly wage for any hours worked over 40 in the week.
Our normal hours of operation are from Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Part-Time employees are defined legally as working on average less than 30 hours per week. Occasionally, time over 40 hours may be necessary in order to meet the business needs. As long as performance expectations are met, employees may flex his or her schedule, subject to preapproval of one’s direct supervisor.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.