This position will report directly to the A/V Production Manager. This role is responsible for overseeing weekly Livestream Broadcasts utilizing PTZ camera’s and Tricaster control surface, shooting and editing video footage for promotional use, and will act as a projectionist for movie showings. It is essential that this position builds a strong, collaborative working relationship with the entire organization including Marketing, Ministry, Bookings, Maintenance and Security to assist in planning, coordination and execution of the production of concerts, Spiritual and Special events, as well as the operating departments using the house systems and broadcast
equipment. This includes working with artists and client managers to procure any rental of equipment necessary to produce, as well as additional production needs. Additional responsibilities include having a complete understanding of the installed house A/V system, its signal flow via various patch bays, and integrating future expansion needs as they arise. General equipment maintenance and repairs, upgrading of electronic devices and maintaining United Palace inventory also will be tasked to this role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes superior guest services to all visitors, promoters and production crews.
- Responsible for producing professional level Broadcasts of all United Palace events.
- Shoot, Edit, and deliver Promotional Videos for Social Media and advertising in a timely
- Operate projection system for Movie showings, Services, and other events.
- Set up, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot all video equipment. This
includes PTZ cameras, IP based video encoders/decoders, Christie projectors, Newtek
Tricaster, and other cameras assistance. Integrate at times with Lighting equipment such
as stage and theatrical fixtures, TV displays and digital signage.
- Knowledgeable using software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Primer, Power Point, Word,
and Excel. Working with Teleconferencing systems such as WebEx, Zoom and other
video conferencing solutions.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, texts and/or e-mails regarding A/V
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex A/V hardware problems
for a variety of end users; recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite
repair as needed.
- Document instances of A/V equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Advise incoming clients, Technical Directors, Production Managers, Location Managers
and the like of all and any assets and limitations of The United Palace when requested
as is applicable.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of A/V equipment contracts and supervise contractbased
- Build and maintain a spare parts inventory for all A/V equipment.
- Make recommendations for, A/V products in support of procurement and development
- Monitor the condition of all equipment and document in writing any requests for repair or
replacement to Production Technical Director within a reasonable amount of time as to
not be behind in maintenance of equipment.
- Able to work in a TEAM environment regarding installation and repair of any and all
electronic equipment at United Palace.
- This position is responsible for the strict adherences to the Information Technology
department compliance policies, internal control procedures.
- Can thrive in an environment where priorities shift on a dime and schedule changes
Education and Qualifications:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors OR Associates degree in Video / Audio Engineering, System Administration
or related field, and three (3) years of progressive experience OR
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in audio / Video Engineering and/or technical
- Theater or Entertainment touring industry experience is preferred.
- A positive attitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to research hardware and software products and address issues as required
- Comprehensive equipment troubleshooting experience, use of tools and basic bench
- Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation and other A/V hardware
- Experience working with national level artists, coordinating equipment and labor
- Equipment support experience with IP-based audio, lighting and video systems
- Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software and
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM
- Ability to maintain a 24x7x365 environment
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Spanish as a second language will be helpful in daily operations.
Schedule must remain flexible.
- Extensive experience building, managing and producing large-scale run of shows,
including general sessions and important internal and external business meetings with a
heavy emphasis on Video production.
- Assist staff with general IT related issues.
- Manage and track event-marketing budget.
- Be a strong advocate for our brand.
- Have a strong work ethic, positive outlook, and take pride in your work.
- Must be an incredibly creative individual who is able to provide smart and strategic
recommendations to their team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
United Palace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any
status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
United Palace offers competitive compensation based on experience and comprehensive
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.