Candidate performs professional Electronic Engineering assignments of a basic degree of complexity under direction and supervision. Candidate would be responsible for designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and supporting electrical hardware solutions for existing and upcoming products.
Majority of work is COTS integration of ISR sensors that are typically deployed on various aircraft platforms. Candidate would work in an often fast paced and agile environment and part of multidisciplinary team of mechanical and software engineers and production team.
- Schematic Capture and BOM generation.
- System and module level block diagrams.
- Component selection based on provided or derived requirements.
- Utilize development boards and/or breadboards to prove out circuit designs.
- Oversee and inspect board layouts.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Test procedure generation and product testing.
- Interface with the Mechanical Engineering team to support packaging efforts.
- Coordinate with the assembly team and SMT shop, internal or external, to manufacture products on time and within cost.
- Investigates failure root causes and recommends actions to enhance the system and equipment reliability.
- Document all work clearly and use configuration management tools to track work.
- Assist in preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2 years applicable hardware design experience.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (not required for present role).
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software products.
- Good problem solving skills.
Clearance Requirement :
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Familiarity with mechanical drafting tools: Solidworks, Draftsight, Visio.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- PCB Layout, Fabrication and Assembly.
- Microcontroller design and programming.
- Test Equipment knowledge- Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, DMM’s.
- Design familiarity to MilStd810, MilStd461, MilStd704 with testing and troubleshooting skills. - Design for Manufacturability.
- Automated test generation: Labview, Python, TCL, Bash, or other scripting languages, desired.
- Design experience with USB 3.0, SATAIII, Gigabit Ethernet and IEEE1588 circuits a plus.
- Basic programming knowledge: C, Python.
- Familiarity with GIT and SVN version control systems.
- Basic computer hardware knowledge, including networking.
- Experience with Linux. - FPGA design and VHDL knowledge.
- RF Design.
This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .