What you will do
Leads moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope.
How you will do it
- Project Managers are responsible for managing fire alarm, fire sprinkler and suppression projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
- The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business or equivalent field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years Project Management experience
- Any Fire Protection industry experience is Preferred, not required.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Knowledge of NFPA standards, applicable building codes preferred.
- NICET Level III or higher preferred
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and to meet the customer's needs.
- Local Travel; 60% or as needed
Who we are
Johnson Controls International plc is a $35 Billion multinational conglomerate with 120,000 employees in more than 2,000 locations across six continents. We are the industry leader in Building Products & Technologies, Integrated Solutions and Energy Storage. At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career powered by your passion and vision.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Job Field Operations
Primary LocationUS-WI-Menomonee Falls
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions