Job Title: Meter Engineer, CMP - Augusta, ME
POSITION – CMP Union: Meter Engineer, CMP - Augusta, ME
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Augusta General Office
Provides engineering design, specification, documentation, coordination and engineering support for the company’s metering systems to include revenue, system and inter-tie (ISO) metering. Investigates, evaluates and implements new metering technologies. Develops and supports solid- state meter Programming. Develops Company standards, policies, practices and procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory, statutory and industry standards.
1. Provides engineering design and associated cost estimates for major and minor projects. Performs complex calculations for the selection and evaluation of metering equipment and systems, including EMR, AMR\AMI, ADM and MV-90.
2. Develops and maintains metering specifications, performs technical and commercial review of RFPs and coordinates equipment delivery to meet project schedules.
3. Provides engineering, technical support and consulting services to various Company departments, engineering firms and contractors.
4. Develops and maintains parts of the Meter Construction Standards, all of the M&S Spec. Book and most of the Meter Engineering Support Guide to ensure the Company’s metering policies, procedures and practices comply with all State and National Regulations, Standards and Codes, as well as, good utility practice.
5. Primary engineering, technical and administrative support for the Company’s EMR system.
6. Design, develops and maintains various meter programs for solid-state meters and other related technologies.
Establishes and maintains engineering criteria and parameters, successful metering data retrieval and validation utilized for billing, settlement, rate design and system load applications from those meters. Departmental expert on rate vs. meter integration.
7. Primary responsibility for development of Special Billing algorithms for complex metering applications.
8. Provides technical and engineering support on various CMP permanent and temporary committees.
9. Primary engineering and technical representative for CMP at Itron User Group meetings.
10. Provides system engineering support of EMR System pertaining to software upgrades and/or operational problems/enhancements. Assists with the education of end users based upon system or operational changes.
11. Other ancillary duties related to the core functions of the job as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in coordination of projects.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Successful Project Management experience.
- Make complex engineering decisions with minor support.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering with two years of relevant experience or P.E. license.
- In depth knowledge of the various operating systems and computer programs used by the department.
- In-depth knowledge of metering technology including standards related to metering.
- Experience in developing billing algorithms.
Professional Engineer's (PE) License required within 2 years of accepting the position
Must Have Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited electrical engineering or computer science program.
- Computer literacy – MS Office, SQL, command line interaction, etc.
- Team Work – works effectively with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to achieve a PE License within 2 years of accepting the position
- Want Criteria (Weight)
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions 25
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments 20
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems relating to metering 25
- Experience with programming and scripting 20
- Familiarity with SCADA related protocols and ICCP 10.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment