Great Opportunity for an Sales Support Engineer with a Growing Manufacturer!
We offer a great position with Caljan, a growing global company within the logistics/e-commerce equipment industry. Do you have engineering project management skills and like working in a fast-paced start up environment?
Caljan is a leader in Logistics Automation Solutions and is the leading manufacturer and provider of telescopic systems. Headquartered in Denmark, Caljan comprises four divisions – Telescopic conveyors, Document Handling & Labelling, Depot Automation and Aftermarket. Caljan’s American facility is located in Menomonee Fall, WI, in a 105,000+ square feet building.
About this Position
The Sales Support Engineer ensures the process for quote and order handling is followed and contributes to meeting organizational sales goals. This role is the link between the Sales Department, as well as the rest of Caljan including Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Logistics. This role gathers technical product and customer requirements for all Caljan products, improving accuracy and timeliness of sales quotes, orders and order changes.
- Serve as resource for sales when gathering quotations for installation pricing and scheduling.
- Hand over the order to HQ Sales Support, Project Management and Production.
- Identify customers’ needs for Caljan products, equipment and services.
- Service our customers by identifying their product, equipment, technical and service needs.
- Ensure prompt and efficient handling of customer inquiries.
- Provide delivery times in cooperation with Sales Support, Project Management and Production.
- Place orders with high accuracy and required details according to our order handling process.
- Follow-up to ensure that all deliveries are on-time and customer expectations are met.
- Participate in sales meetings to maintain awareness of account activity and requirements.
- Leverage relationships with key personnel at Strategic Accounts and work with them on possible additional product solutions
- Assist HQ Product Manager and Sales in the research and collection of competitive information for Caljan Inc (US), including market price strategy data collection, competitor comparison, competitor product knowledge base, and market and product trend analysis.
- Prepare, distribution and electronically file all documents in a timely manner.
- Meet scheduled deadlines of all Caljan sales quotes, tenders and projects through effective project management.
- Prepare layouts in AutoCAD as possible solutions
- Visit customer job sites and suppliers as necessary to ensure all requirements are met.
- Attend project start-up meetings with Project Manager, or as a back-up, in order to ensure accuracy of order handover.
- Coordinate arrangements with customer visits, trade shows, and off-site meetings.
- Participate in sales meetings to stay aware of account activity and requirements.
Education and Experience
- Two year Associate’s Degree from a technical/vocational college (mechanical or CAD degree); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience.
Skills and Abilities for this position
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Ability to read both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Caljan is following CDC Guidelines related to employment. Common areas are regularly sanitized and masks are available for employees who cannot socially distance at work.
- Are you able to read both mechanical and electrical drawings?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location