Ultra Electronics TCS, a division of Ultra Electronics, is the global leader in high-capacity radio communication systems, Electronic Warfare and SIGINT Systems. Ultra Electronics TCS supplies dependable, reliable and powerful communication equipment for tactical military and defence system applications.
The Sales Support Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering and be matrixed for direct support to US DoD Business Development Team during all phases of the sales cycle. The SSE will serve as the conduit between the Montreal-based Engineering team and US-based BD team in a highly collaborative environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position requires demonstrated ability to:
- Travel CONUS/OCONUS 50% or more with monthly travel to Montreal.
- Support of field trials, exercises, demos, and customer engagements.
- Support of RFI/RFP/RFQ technical writing and proposal development including pricing strategy, budgets, and creation of BOM’s.
- Development of presentations and customer briefing materials, CONOPS, OV-1’s, and competitive analysis.
- Technical interface with Government labs, Program Management Offices, and Industry partners.
- Support at Trade Shows, Conferences and Industry events.
- Ability to articulate unique customer requirements, and identify/develop highly differentiated solutions to overcome complex communication challenges.
- Promote Company image and reputation - represent the Company through participation in shows, presentations and other events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering preferred.
- Strong RF background with in-depth understanding of Tactical LOS/BLOS Transport Networks and software defined radios.
- Knowledge of U.S, Army Air Defense platforms, architectures, and CONOPS is an asset.
- Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required.
- Prior tactical communications experience is preferred.
- Experience with Government contracting, acquisition processes, and DOD budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience briefing senior military leaders and managing relationships.
- Retired Signal Corp professional with intimate understanding of communications doctrine and technologies is highly preferred.
- Experience in US FMS and FMF funding programs would be an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant government procurement regulations an asset.
- Able to work effectively with geographically and time-separated team members.
- Able to work from a home office when not travelling.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Agile environnement
- Flextime and telework.
- Stability (5 year IDIQ - Program of record for network modernization).
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply