The design engineer will be responsible for architectural layout & final design configurations, PCB & associated chip design and high frequency (2 – 10 MHz) ultrasonic sensor/transducer integration for a new instrument which will be used to inspect steel and stainless steel piping. Must have experience in ultrasound pulser/receiver experience development. The candidate shall have a deep working knowledge of signal processing associated with high frequency ultrasonic systems and associated interfacing of front-end, data acquisition and associated electronic devices including FPGA’s, core processors, data compression and leading-edge technology advancements. This candidate should have experience with all aspects of new product development lifecycle (from inception through design, development, testing, deployment and support), and have been involved in previous electronic development programs, preferably utilizing ultrasonic sensor technology.
- 3+ years ultrasonic transducer device/probe design experience.
- Development of combined electronics & software associated with processing high frequency ultrasonic data signals.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system architecture software.
- FPGA & AISC design.
- Interfacing with hardware design and development.
Required Knowledge Skills:
- Working knowledge of the following tools: MATLAB and/or Labview, ModelSim and all Microsoft Office products.
- Full working knowledge of DVM’s, Oscilloscopes, and other Electronic test equipment utilized in development programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication & leadership skills.
- Apply knowledge in the development of a new electronic device which utilizes a multi-senor, high frequency ultrasonic array to inspect stainless steel and steel piping.
- Work with other hardware, software engineers & technicians from initial design concept through final assembly of ultrasonic sensors, front-end system integration, implementation and final verification.
- Must work closely with 3rd party vendors, external engineering teams and supplies manufacturing facilities to ensure quality and reliability from concept design through stable production.
- BS (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering or similar specialty, plus 3-5 years’ experience in ultrasound instrumentation development.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules