The Systems Engineer will provide operational systems support to internal and external customer environments, mainly focusing on technologies including Virtualization, Storage, MS SQL Server, and Citrix expertise. This is a senior level role which requires experience and competency to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will also apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on management and support of highly available Microsoft based network environments including; Active Directory, SQL Server, and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues adhering to established processes and procedures
- Accurately maintain end-user documentation and incident tickets
- Provide regular communication and follow up to customer’s and end users
- Ownership of Incidents within defined SLA’s
- Operational systems support including break-fix responsibilities as well as proactive maintenance activities
- Provide escalation assistance to other levels of support and customers
- Lead planning, design, development, and launch of information systems in support of core organizational functions
- Other duties as required
- Strong working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Highly developed and effective teamwork skills
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, or management information systems, and 5+ years related work experience.
- Completion of relevant industry certifications is considered an asset.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in a systems support/administrator role supporting highly available environments.
- Extensive experience with virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hypervisor, etc.)
- Experience with hyper-converged platforms (Simplivity / Nutanix)
- Expertise with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016/2019, MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, Windows clients, and Mobile Device Management applications
- Extensive experience with core software and database applications including MS Exchange, MS SQL, and Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Solid knowledge of Network Protocols, DNS, DHCP, Windows PowerShell Scripting is a must.
- Experience with trouble shooting & resolving complex technical problems, writes reports and creates documentation processes and procedures is required.
- Experience with open source platforms such as Linux and an advanced understanding of IT networking standards are considered strong assets in this role.
Job Type: Full-time