Packard Hospitality Management is searching for a Full-Time Maintenance Engineer for the Red Roof Inn Plus in Bentonville, AR. Candidates must have a professional appearance and experience in customer service, preferably 2 years of experience in general building maintenance procedures and a hospitality service industry.
To represent the property’s Maintenance operations to hotel guests and team members including handling guest complaints and responding to any emergency conditions and monitoring staff.
- Oversee the inspection of guestrooms, public spaces and back-of-the-house for areas to repair, touch up or replace.
- Handles guest complaints through appropriately addressing maintenance needs.
- Monitors property overall maintenance to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all maintenance operations as needed.
- Directs the preventive maintenance program.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager or General Manager.
- Assume responsibilities of other Supervisors in their absence.
- Fills in with Engineer duties as needed.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health of safety:
- Safety glasses, gloves, protective work boots, hard hat, as needed
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and to be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essentials functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of general safe operating procedures
- Skill in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products relating to the department
- Skill in using electrical testing equipment
- Ability to communicate in the English language, both verbally and written
- Ability to lift, grasp, and/or carry supplies or equipment weighing up to 75 lbs
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 25 feet
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling
- Hearing ability to respond to beeper communication
- Visual ability in order to identify and locate existing problems
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain any government required license, permit, or certificate. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
The ideal candidate will put pride in their work, be reliable, and be friendly and professional at all times. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
A high school graduate education or equivalent is required. 2 years of experience in general building maintenance procedures is preferred. Compensation range is $10-$13 an hour depending on experience.
Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this ad.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location