In space and here on Earth, ILC Dover goes above and beyond to protect people, payloads and our national security. From spacesuits and space vehicle landing airbags for NASA and commercial astronauts to heavy-lift and passenger airships and surveillance radar aerostats, we routinely overcome technical, logistical and geographical barriers to engineer advanced solutions that work in the real world.
Entry-level position within the engineering field. Routine engineering tasks are performed as directed by the Engineering Manager or Program Manager. The incumbent in this position will contribute to specific objectives and outcomes.
Engineering Discipline & Duties*:
- Coordinate and monitor engineering projects from initiation through delivery
- Gather required data from end-users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to create technical specifications
- Serve as liaisons and leaders between engineering and non-engineering departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met
- Ensure engineering projects are completed on schedule and within budget and present pertinent information, data, and status to customers
- Keep program managers and other project stakeholders informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results
- May support project planning activity during pre-bid, proposal, negotiation and contract phases
- Conducts routine tasks as directed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or related field of study; 1-3 years of experience performing similar tasks is preferred
- Proficiency with word processing software; spreadsheet software; intermediate CAD & basic 3D modeling
- Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran