Position: Programmer (Multiplex)
Firefly is a multinational company currently seeking highly motivated, ambitious, and driven candidates. This is an entry-level programming position responsible for programming electrical control systems and touchscreens for RV (Recreation Vehicles), and some Marine. This position is specialized, so we will fully train a successful candidate.
As a multiplex programmer, you will primarily work on projects independently, but will be encouraged to collaborate with team members to provide the customer with a system that meets or exceeds all requirements.
Main Responsibilities of the Position
- Collaborate with design engineer, team manager, sales team, and customers to create user experiences that are sensible and efficient.
- Writing code for smart home type of electronic systems in C programming language
- Work on bug fixing, improving system performance, and user experience.
Requirements for Position:
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Self-motivation to meet deadlines.
- Ability to accept input on how code is written or how UI is implemented from manager and other colleagues.
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- An Associate Degree or higher in a computer-related field is not required but preferred.
- Firm grasp of standard programming principles.
- Knowledge of the below is a bonus, but not required:
- C programming language
- Experience with a CAN bus
- Experience with RV systems (HVAC, inverters, etc.)
- Basic electrical knowledge (DC and AC)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays
- Paid personal days.
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities to advance in the company/
Job Type: Full-time'
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Middlebury, IN 46540: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will Sponsorship be requested?
- Program development: 1 year (Preferred)
- C/C++ Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location