Responsible for developing and submitting project estimates; preparing project documents; conduct turn over meetings with operations; may prepare change order requests and pay applications; and assisting with project close out procedures; all as it relates to underground utility construction.
· Solid understanding of underground utility construction, specifically installation of water, sanitary sewer, and storm water pipe.
· Review bid documents, site conditions, plans and specifications; prepare takeoffs; obtain subcontractor and material quotes; seek potential cost savings; develop pricing for proposed work; review bids and collaborate on final bid adjustments; and submit bids to owners
· Develop and maintain relationships and collaborate with engineers, owners, municipalities, clients, subcontractors, and co-workers
· Prepare and schedule turn over meetings and documents to ensure that the Project Manager and operations teams understand the entire scopes of work, budgets, productions and schedules prior to the start of construction.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of means and methods of open cut excavation and trenching.
· Various accounting aspects, to include monthly invoicing, assisting with receivables collection, approving invoices, submitting work orders, etc.
Required Education and/or Experience and Qualifications:
· BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent related work experience
· 3-5 years construction estimating experience preference given to underground utility construction experience
· Ability to manage multiple bids and projects at the same time
· Strong computer skills, icluding all MS Office products, MS Projects, as well as experience with construction estimating software
· Experience with Viewpoint is highly desireable
· The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, be detail oriented, have a positive attitude, and have an ability to work well with all project team members.
Great benefits including, medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401K.
Apply in person or mail resume to 6648 County Road 56, Johnstown, CO 80534.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- construction estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible