We are looking for a highly motivated individual to accelerate our vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving. The ADAS Test Operator will be responsible to identify improvements and regressions across software iterations. A strong candidate will be objectively focused when making judgements, highly organized with a great attention to detail, and a self-starter.
This role could require the flexibility of traveling to domestic and international destinations as necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks and proving grounds. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Survey the local region and design routes with perspective scenarios for Autopilot testing.
- Design test specs and create judgement criteria using tools such as XRAY.
- Study and familiarize the latest Autopilot and other relevant vehicle features.
- Execute real-world testing according to test specifications, as well as providing ad-hoc support for specifically requested scenarios.
- Analyze test data, triage software issues and abnormal vehicle behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software tools.
- Communicate with developers and test engineers, be on-call for questions/comments if necessary.
- Maintain and document test vehicle condition, coordinate repairs/retrofits as necessary.
- Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.
Clean driving record and safe driving habits. Good navigation skills.
Excellent attention to detail and highly observational.
Excellent written and spoken English.
Excellent computer software skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
Experience working with various operating systems:
MacOS, Windows, Linux. Comfortable navigating between files systems, managing data transfers.
Command Line Interface experience required.
Familiarity with ADAS/Autopilot systems and their sensors.
Basic knowledge of vehicle systems and how they work, such as brakes and power assisted steering, is preferred.
Must be comfortable driving prototype vehicles during testing that may lack safety features or contain safety risks.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.