Design Engineer Supervisor
Director of Manufacturing
The Design Engineer Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the new product design, current product customization and outfitting, sales quote support, design for manufacturability and manufacturing floor support relative to shop floor prints.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages new product design process in collaboration with Sales Department.
- Managers CAD design library and supports print access for multi-plant manufacturing locations.
- Manages a high volume of basic design prints supporting dealer customer quotes.
- Manages the advancement of more detailed design prints capable of supporting approved sales work orders capable of meeting project and production requirements.
- Responsible for accurate bill of materials and periodic updates
- Responsible for coordination of engineering print changes and updated design configuration control.
- Manages the day to day activities of Engineering Department designers with respect to project priorities, design work quality and productivity.
- Assures that all engineering drawings and designs adhere to established specifications and standards.
- Manages the engineering function and department and makes advancements towards a reasonable level of MRP full integration as well as other technology advancements towards improved sales and dealership services.
- Performs other engineering department duties as assigned.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in a mechanical engineering, construction management or manufacturing engineering discipline or related field.
- 4 or more years and managerial experience within a manufacturing, metal fabrication or construction related industry.
- SolidWorks CAD Software, preferably 3-5 years.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems and BOM systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Communication Proficiency – works well with others to obtain accurate data and prints in a timely manner.
- Leadership – requires an effective leader of both individuals and of technology processes.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and always seeks a better process and way of accomplishing tasks.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday