Aegis Metal Framing is the leading supplier of technology-enabled solutions to the cold formed steel building components industry. Aegis provides a complete package of products and services to manufacturers of pre-fabricated cold formed steel trusses and wall panels, including:
- A full suite of estimating, design, fabrication, and management software
- Proprietary Ultra-Span® steel truss sections
- A complete line of connectors and accessories
- Full-service cold formed component and structure engineering
Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful. Aegis Metal Framing is a division of MiTek®, the world’s largest supplier of products and software to the prefabricated building components industry. MiTek is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Design Engineer who reviews customer specifications for building components, creates and reviews parameters, makes corrections and prepares drawings for review and certification. This position reports to the Chief Structural Engineer and is located in the Chesterfield, Missouri office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews customer specified parameters for building components.
- Creates and reviews parameters against engineering standards.
- Modifies designs for compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards.
- Makes corrections and prepares drawings to be presented to the Professional Engineers (PEs) for review and certification.
- Discusses design modifications and reviews appropriate design methodologies with customers.
- Assists customers in troubleshooting issues and design problems.
- Discusses projects with members of engineering staff for compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Design connection details, bracing layouts and field repairs on components.
- Good understanding of Statics and Strengths of Materials.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Technical Skills: Must have solid engineering/technical skills, including attention to detail.
- Safety: Must have an outstanding safety record and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor own work to ensure quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards without diminishing quality of work. Strive to increase productivity. Work at keeping waste down. Complete work in a timely manner.
- Dependability: Take responsibility for own action. Follow instructions, responds to management directions.
- Initiative: Readily volunteers. Undertake self-development activities. Seek increased responsibilities. Take independent action. Ask for and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferably from an ABET accredited University in Civil Engineering and passed the Fundamental of Engineering (FE) exam.
Effectively communicate with co-workers and management regarding work and safety issues.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Comprehend job training and safety instructions.
Working knowledge of any CAD software, and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
Other Skills and Abilities:
Experience working in wood framing industry is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand O (Occasionally) 10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Walk O (Occasionally) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Sit C (Constantly) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering O (Occasionally) 51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Push/Pull
Climb O (Occasionally) 12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
BendO (Occasionally) 41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception), Sense of Sound, Smell, Taste, Touch
Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
While performing the duties of this job, the operators may be exposed to the following; moving mechanical parts, moving product parts, vibration, moving forklifts, coolants, noise levels requiring hearing protection. Exposure to environment; heat and humidity, cold, wet conditions and outside weather conditions.
There is no travel required for this position. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D
And a Tobacco and Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement