Rosenberger is an innovative global leader in RF technology with an international presence. The Rosenberger name stands for both quality and cutting-edge technology in the field of RF connectors, high speed & Ethernet connectors, low frequency & high frequency cable assemblies, automotive products, fiber optic products and custom copper assemblies. Rosenberger, headquartered in Germany, maintains sales and manufacturing facilities around the globe. As a leader in the industry, we provide a wide range of standardized and customized connectivity solutions to a variety of customers across multiple industry segments.
Our products are used in wireless technology, telecom, test & measurement, automotive, medical, defence, industrial and data systems. Customers rely on the precision and quality of Rosenberger products around the globe.
Rosenberger North America has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Application / Resident Engineer who is a self-starter with passion to drive profitable sales growth for the automotive segment of Rosenberger North America. This position reports to the Sales Director Data Connectors-Americas and is located out of Rosenberger’s Dearborn, Michigan office.
The Application / Resident Engineer is responsible for providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned accounts and/or geographical area.
- Provide the customer with technical documents and support ongoing projects with a deep technical knowledge.
- Handle development projects for a certain OEM.
- Protect current market share and identify key projects .
- Develop deep customer and industry relationships with technical influencers and decision makers at OEM and focus market segments.
- Manage OEM customer relationship including product and vehicle teams.
- Write work orders to release parts and document engineering changes.
- Work closely with Rosenberger Product Management on customer penetration and support focused on high-speed applications.
- Support Sales Activities and Quoting.
- Provide onsite vehicle build support as required.
- Participate in training provided interdepartmentally/intercompany.
- Weekly reporting.
- Ability & willingness to travel regionally & internationally.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and hardware tools and technologies.
- Is a responsible and cooperative individual and works with other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Strong multi-functional work experience (engineering/commercial/program management).
- Good conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and capable to work with CAD Software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accuracy, and detail orientation.
- Mandatory languages: English. German is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required.
- Previous experience in the Automotive Market (3-5 years) or in the field of electrical connectors and cable assemblies.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- automotive market: 3 years (Required)