AIRM was established in 2011 and is a research-focused professional services firm that applies artificial intelligence to help organizations design and implement innovative products, identify business opportunities and threats, and improve customer experience. Our primary focus is applications regarding insurance and risk management, including specialization in the world's largest industry - agriculture.
Our work environment is fast-paced, collaborative, and creative:
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We hold a daily standup/video and conduct weekly sprints.
- We are innovating state-of-the art technology solutions, and also maintaining a significant business.
While AIRM’s head office is located in Winnipeg, MB, and we have a new office opening in Guelph, ON, we are open to a remote work environment. At AIRM, we have an open mind for new ideas, opportunities to work with leading Canadian and global companies, and a dynamic and energetic workplace.
AIRM Consulting Ltd. is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer/Developer to support our growing team of engineers, actuaries, data scientists, and developers, providing AI-based risk management and insurance solutions. The opportunity is for someone excited for autonomy, ownership, and a breadth of responsibility. Quality of work and ownership are key qualities for this role. At AIRM, you will be part of a team that delivers new technology solutions, with a focus on driving investment in clean technology adoption for stakeholders in the agri-supply chain, providing support across the entire implementation cycle.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer/Developer skilled with constructing web applications, you will support the delivery of a market leading AI-based risk management and insurance platform. Your work will focus on designing products for our users that are simple, intuitive to use, and meets their needs. You will play a central role in the entire design process to improve the end-to-end experience and shape the vision of our innovative products.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer/Developer, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and engineering data scientists to deliver new business value through software.
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives.
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design.
- Work collaboratively and provide leadership to contribute to guiding the development of engineering and developer staff within your team.
- Work within an Agile environment to plan and deliver work incrementally while also improving your designs through multiple design iterations.
You MUST RESIDE IN CANADA FOR THIS POSITION, and you should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
-A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
-10 years of relevant work experience.
-Skilled in full stack development with a strong understanding of object-oriented programming and/or functional programming and MV* style web frameworks.
-Strong experience with back-end technologies, such as Python/Django.
-Strong experience with front-end technologies, such as JS/React.
-Experience with cloud based development experience with AWS, Azure, etc. desirable.
-Familiarity with Git, GitHub, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, and working with agile principles to accelerate the delivery of new features.
-Experience with As A Service applications, and GIS experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Full Stack: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)