Staff Engineer – Immersive Media
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Standards and 5G Mobility Innovation (SMI)
SRA-SMI Lab is recruiting multiple world-class professionals and researchers in the area of Immersive Media processing and distribution over 5G networks. You will be a part of an innovative, hands-on team at Samsung that is driving the technology and standards for enabling next generation "true-to-life" 6D immersive media experience on Samsung products and services.
- Research and develop cutting edge technology in one or more of these areas: Video/Graphics/Image processing, AI/Machine learning, Computer vision, Cloud media processing and Compression related to Immersive media (e.g. Point clouds, 6DoF, AR/VR).
- Build/assist in prototyping the developed ideas on cloud platforms and mobile devices.
- D. is required (rare exception available to highly qualified candidates only)
- Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Video/Graphics/Image processing
- Deep Learning architectures and frameworks
- Computer vision
- Compression (MPEG-I PCC, VVC, HEVC etc.)
- Cloud media processing
- Network design and IP protocols
- Advanced coding and programming skills in one or more of: C/C++, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV, Matlab, GPU programming.
- Ability to work within Samsung in cross-functional, cross-divisional teams.
- Experience with Android/Linux system software or Cloud platforms such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm is a plus.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.