AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Structural Engineer for employment in the Mechanicsburg, PA office. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
- Checks conceptual, preliminary and detailed final design calculations for new bridges.
- Able to asses condition and lead development of rehabilitation design for existing bridges.
- Experience with load rating of existing bridges.
- Proficient in the use of computer software for the analysis and design of ordinary and/or complex bridges and other structures.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight project schedules.
- Ability to lead structural design tasks by overseeing a design team, providing guidance to junior engineers and coordinating with project managers.
- Preparation of technical specifications, technical reports, design calculations, and provisions of construction phase services.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
+ Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
+ Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.