NHK International, a worldwide automotive supplier, is searching for a candidate who will thrive in a collaborative environment where learning and the opportunity to make a positive impact is a daily occurrence. Under direct supervision you will develop and maintain in-house engineering software used to design and evaluate suspension related products. .
- Develop, improve and maintain in-house engineering software applications used to design and evaluate suspension related products (coil springs, stabilizer bars, trunk lids, torsion bars).
- Assist with designing suspension related products.
- Communicate and cooperate with other departments and manufacturing plants to provide product improvements.
- Continue to seek improvement opportunities and take necessary action.
- Good analytical, project management and time management skills
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Available to travel to customer and plant locations
- Japanese language knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not required.
- Visual Basic, C#, C++, Java Script, MATLAB, Python, Excel VBA.
- Software design skill with GUI.
- Operation skill for Visual Studio with team development functions
- Fundamental engineering knowledge including mathematics, statics, finite element method.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Novi, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Visual Basic: 3 years (Preferred)
- C# and C++: 3 years (Preferred)
- Python: 3 years (Preferred)
- Software design skill with GUI: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location