Greer, South Carolina, USA
Industrial Engineer will help businesses determine the most effective ways to use their machines, people, and energy to make products. The Industrial Engineer is responsible for increasing the productivity of a manufacturing facility while reducing wasted materials.
- Bachelor’s degree and above, majored in machinery, material, and management.
- 2 plus years working experience in production management and industrial engineering experience in auto industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering, production management, TS16949 quality system, performance and structure of plastic products and corporate operation and management process.
- Communication and coordination ability, innovation capability, operating skills of office devices and common office and draw software.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Apps (excel, word, PowerPoint).
- Continuous improvement mentality with lean knowledge.
- Problem solving techniques and ability.
- Be a resource to supervisors and managers when implementing IE improvements, processes, and procedures.
- Production planning: create overall layout of the facility, capacity planning based on development /planning of the company; including equipment plan layout, energy dynamic layout, logistics planning, equipment selection planning etc.
- Provide support for process planning and post setting of all production and operation departments and provide corresponding design plans based on planning demands.
- Create and maintain analytical reports on production and equipment utilization.
- Preform time studies to measure to maximize labor needed for production.
- Analyze implementation status of production plans, to bring forward improvement projects to optimize tools for production.
- Calculate capacity numbers according to products and conduct line balance analysis to bring forward and promote implementation of solutions.
- Analyze products and the efficiency of production lines.
- Review daily maintenance plan for equipment and tools.
- Trace and analyze logistics routes, create optimization plan for logistics routes and storage.
- Organize and lead production improvement programs assign by management team.
- Conduct training on operation procedures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location