Technician, Hydraulic Mechanical NDI-WIC04725
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. The facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The facility added 38,000 sq ft of hangar space in 2015, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft. And in 2018, the Wichita Service Center became home to one of two of Bombardier’s Mobile Response Team Maintenance Control Centers, working in conjunction with Bombardier’s Customer Response Center, which operates 24/7 to streamline customer requests and optimize maintenance support. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Aruba, Canada, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Mexico.
In your role, you will:
Inspect, repair, overhaul, and/or test pneudraulic-mechanical parts, components, and/or systems.
- Conduct preliminary visual inspection for damage to components and determine if functional tests are required
- Check and verify part and serial numbers to determine part configuration
- Assist with conducting preliminary functional testing to assess part capability as required
- Disassemble components, remove coatings and clean individual parts in preparation for inspection of damage, corrosion, and general condition
- Measure required parts for conformity to applicable manual or engineering specifications
- Record inspection and/or test results and determine pass, reject, or prescribe repair scheme
- Price to determine whether repair or overhaul of component is cost-effective and submit parts and labor estimates to supervisor, sales, and/or method groups
- Order necessary parts and/or components
- Replace, repair, and/or overhaul aircraft parts of basic to moderate complexity, for example, brakes, wheels, actuators, and struts
- Reapply applicable coatings to individual parts and reassemble component(s)
- Conduct functional testing for basic to moderately complex components to ensure operation according to specifications and sign-off functional test as complete
- Assemble basic to moderately complex components for production and conduct functional test
- Assist with completing engineering and quality assurance forms as required
- Conduct metrology certifications (applies to qualified personnel only)
- Assist engineers and designers to develop new and more efficient components for aircraft
- May perform machining tasks to create and/or repair ground support equipment (GSE), tools, and component parts
- May perform Designated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an A&P license - preferred
- You typically have at least 1 year experience or equivalent with inspecting, repairing, overhauling, and testing pneudraulic-mechanical components
- You have 1 year machining experience - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
06.05.2021, 11:10:17 AM