Provides the technical skills involving writing and documenting moderate to complex applications and programs.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Designs and documents the program or series of programs which will best meet the needs of the client/user.
2. Ensures that the specification provided are thorough and detailed in order to avoid problems in coding development.
3. Adheres to the departmental standards for program specifications and ensures the documents are approved by the client and supervisor.
4. Consults resources materials as needed.
5. Codes moderate to complex programs and ensure that the programs conform to departmental standards.
6. Thoroughly and adequately tests all functions of the program prior to submitting it to the lead analyst or manager for quality review and verification.
7. Prepares the proper paperwork and follows correct procedures for implementing new programs or changes in production.
8. Responsible for the maintenance of completed/existing programs and systems.
9. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Three and a half years of programming experience.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215