About Taylor Box Company: Taylor Box Company is an award-winning innovator in the Premium Paperboard Packaging industry. A custom manufacturer for over 135 years, Taylor Box operates a 55,000 sq ft facility in Warren, RI. The company boasts an award-winning design studio, a flexible production floor featuring state-of-the-art box-wrapping and case-making equipment, and a division of premium wood-framed and handmade products. Our broad spectrum of capabilities, combined with our design acumen, make Taylor Box Company a uniquely qualified competitor. We produce anything from short runs to million-piece orders for blue-chip brands like Titleist, Under Armor, MaxMara, Coach, HBO, etc.
Currently, Taylor Box Company is seeking a high-energy, creative problem-solver and team-builder to join our team as the Production Floor Manager.
About the Position: The Production Floor Manager at Taylor Box Company has full responsibility for production floor Organization, Safety, Productivity and Quality. This manager is charged with implementing the production schedule, facilitating production operations, organizing the work and the production staff to optimize production outcomes. The Production Floor Manager must be self-directed, engaged, and resourceful. They must maintain respectful communication with their peers/subordinates and have a resolution-focused conflict management style to be successful in our organization.
The position reports to the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a hands-on leader
- Demonstrates common sense and good judgement
- Has 5+ years’ experience in custom manufacturing, mechanical engineering, or equivalent production disciplines
- Has 5+ years’ experience building and managing teams
- Is detail-oriented and enjoys building complex, quality products
- Is well organized personally and capable of keeping projects equally well organized
- Has the ability to handle a constantly changing task list productively
- Is capable of improvising mechanical solutions on the fly (jigs and templates)
- Has excellent written and spoken English (bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus)
- Is proficient in business mathematics
- Has basic computing skills: Microsoft Office/Excel/Word, MRP/ERP systems, Production data collection
- Has training and experience with: LEAN manufacturing, 5S, Just-In-Time, ISO/Quality Management Systems, ShopTech E2 experience a plus
- Determining daily production plan with the Operations Manager and implementing it
- Review all job specifications and brief team on project processes
- Oversee organization and performance of all mfg. shop floor staff
- Optimizing the production floor – creating project workflow – building work cells
- Maintaining facility and equipment for safe, productive operations
- Internal communications with Operations Manager and other Departments regarding issues affecting production quality, productivity and safety
- Compliance oversight for OSHA, ISO, FSC and other operational standards
- Maintain Team Discipline – engage with production staff to maintain a safe, productive work place that produces world class products
YOU MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER TELLING US WHY YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS WORK.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- custom manufacturing/ mechanical engineering/ production: 5 years (Required)
- Production Management + Team Management: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma