Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
The Systems Engineer’s role is to develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical IT architecture. This individual will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. The Systems Engineer will work with the Systems/Network Architects and Team Management for all high-level infrastructure plans, and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans.
1. Configures systems to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
2. Monitors infrastructure performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed.
3. Collaborates with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term systems capacity needs.
4. Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to configuration, mapping, processes and service records.
5. Deploys and manages servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
6. Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration, usage and disaster recovery.
7. Conducts research on IT products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
8. Monitors and tests system performance and provide performance statistics and reports for infrastructure systems.
9. Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
10. Develops, documents, makes recommendations and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
11. Reviews new and existing IT projects, systems designs and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
12. Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
13. Provides guidance to junior members of the team by mentoring the Support Center staff and Systems Administrators.
14. Confers with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
15. Assists in planning and developing the IS Business Recovery plan and assist in the testing of the plan.
16. Available to be on-call, as needed.
17. Provides top tier assistance for issues escalated by team members and end users, reaching out to 3rd parties as needed.
18. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science; or equivalent years of experience.
2. 5-7 years administration of systems experience.
3. Experience with Public Cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
4. Experience with automation tools such as Puppet or Chef.
5. Experience with VMware or other Host based Virtual Infrastructure
6. Knowledge of Enterprise Collaboration systems (Exchange, Lync, MDM)
7. Knowledge of Enterprise SAN Management and Backup Solutions
8. Knowledge of Citrix or other Virtual Desktop environments
9. Experience installing hardware in Data Center environments.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: