- B.Sc + 2yrs or M.Sc in EE/CS
- VLSI engineering background with experience in RTL design
- Previous experience and familiarity with code quality tools such as Spyglass LINT and CDC
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS has the broadest and deepest set of machine learning and AI services for our customers’ businesses. We are seeking experienced RTL Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers including technologies such as AWS Inferentia which is a machine learning inference product designed to deliver high performance at low cost.
You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Work with SOC design leaders and colleagues to define block level specifications
- Perform RTL coding for blocks
- Work with physical design team to define physical constraints and timing analysis requirements for your block
- Support the verification team with by developing verification strategies, debug and provide coverage definitions
- Participate in verification test plan and coverage reviews
- Previous experience solving physical design challenges
- Previous experience with System Verilog and System Verilog interfaces
- Good familiarity with automation and scripting languages (Perl/Tcl/Python)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation