SAVIT is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team!
Employment Type: Full Time
Background about our Company:
At SAVIT, enjoy the benefits of working in a collaborative environment of close-knit team members. As a company, we provide engineering, management, and prototyping services to Picatinny Arsenal. We are looking for someone that will support our mission to consistently deliver creative, high-quality, engineering services to our customer.
We are hiring for positions on an upcoming effort at Picatinny Arsenal in support of the Department of the U.S. Army, Project Manager Combat Ammunition Systems (PM CAS) and its Product Manager Divisions with Professional Engineering Services (PES) for engineering, acquisition, administrative and life-cycle program management support.
What will you be doing?
- Design Schematics (Altium)
- Run circuit simulations (Multisim, etc.) 4. Build Circuits (PCB hardware) 5. Debug circuits 6. Build cables 7. Spec out chips/components 8. Understand EMF/Ohm's Law/OP Amps/Etc.
- Create/understand datasheets and BOM's
Knows how to use:
– Oscilloscope or Waveform Generator
– Power Supply
Can program microcontrollers (Arduino, raspberry pi, etc.) II. Knows how to code (C++, Matlab, LabView, etc.) III. Knows robotics IV. Knows wireless communications (radios) V. Knows IT/Networking
What skills will the ideal candidate have to be successful?
- BSEE or MSEE
- 5 + years experience
- 3 + years of design experience of integrated systems requiring control feedback loops (process control systems)
- Be proficient in Windows based computing. MS Word, Excel, outlook.
- Be proficient in ORCAD Capture and/or Altium
- Must have hands on capability in a lab setting and function comfortably as an electromechanical tech to build and prove out designs. (soldering, drilling, wiring, crimping, use of hand tools, etc)
- Ability to program in basic programming languages such as C/C++, etc
- CAD software proficiency in software such as CREO considered desirable
- Must clearly speak, read, and write English
- Have high attention to details.
- Be able to work with a team.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Have interpersonal skills.
- Have organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task different projects, work independently and focus on details is essential for success
- Must be able to Obtain Secret clearance. (Current clearance holder a plus)
- Must be US Citizen
- Will be required to have background check.
SAVIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SAVIT is a drug-free workplace with pre-employment drug testing and background verifications.
For more information or to apply now, go to the website below:
Job Type: Full-time