True North Sports + Entertainment is looking for a knowledgeable and dependable
Class W or Class 4 Power Engineer to join the Bell MTS Iceplex team as a:
The Building Engineer will work with a team to ensure that the mechanical aspects of Bell MTS Iceplex are
performing efficiently and effectively, in order to provide a safe environment to all patrons.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS ROLE
- Conduct inspections on all site mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems.
- Take daily readings of all major equipment.
- Utilize basic trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and painting to ensure building is
functioning and presenting well.
- Liaise with and oversee the work performed by outside contractors.
- Provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- Provide all necessary customer service to visitors ensuring a Superior Patron Experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Class W Power Engineer Operator Certificate or greater.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in general maintenance in a commercial, retail or industrial environment.
- Experience working in an arena will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in physical plant operations, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Alarm, and
other related equipment.
- Hands on and strong knowledge of general maintenance.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and able to respond quickly and calmly to unexpected
- Able to work various shifts and flexible hours, including ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as
- Bell MTS Iceplex is not located on a public transportation route, so a driver’s license and/or reliable
transportation is required.