Our company is seeking a highly talented Software Engineer. The ideal candidate must have programming experience with C or C++ and PYTHON or another object-oriented language; have a solid understanding of object oriented as well as functional programming paradigms; and understand and have an interest in software engineering best practices. Other nice-to-haves include experience developing GUI applications; solving quantitative problems; a solid knowledge of algorithms and computational complexity; and experience working with large data sets such as those produced by finite element and/or computational fluid dynamics codes. Familiarity with a data visualization/manipulation software system like VTK and knowledge MPI and OpenMP parallelization is also a plus.
A successful candidate must be able to work, think, and innovate independently in a fast-paced work environment with challenging time constraints. The ability to multi-task and work on projects that require varying skill-sets simultaneously is a must.
· BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Related Quantitative Science Field such as Astronomy, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Chemistry.
· Strong math skills including linear algebra and multivariate calculus.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ professional software engineering experience.
· Experience with C or C++, Python and Numpy/Matplotlib (or a similar open source development and analysis stack), FORTRAN and LINUX OS.
· Experience with and interest in software engineering best practices.
· Interest in solving highly technical and challenging science and engineering problems.
· U.S. Citizen.
The LiRo Group is an internationally recognized science and engineering consulting firm. LiRo’s mission is to be the leader in innovating and fielding: 1) engineering software tools, 2) high-fidelity physics-based computational tools, 3) structural and mechanical systems, and 4) engineering services by leveraging state-of-the-art research, analysis, and design methods. LiRo serves clients in the defense, counterterrorism, construction, manufacturing, space, energy, and insurance industries. Our strength lies in our team of experts and our culture of collaboration.
Modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Applied research and testing.
Product and software development.
Threat and vulnerability assessments.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter for consideration
Job Type: Full-time
Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan