The Engineer Associate will be developed in order to support customers in a particular vertical industry within SSB. In the Vertical Industry Center this position develops into being responsible for the design and implementation of systems - working in a project team environment, supporting the project throughout the life cycle. Field Engineering assignments would be part of a customer-site startup team.
1. Provides updates to project manager or Engineering Lead pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for self and other less-experienced engineers.
2. Participates in proposal development activities.
3. Performs detailed system design and implementation of systems and system components.
4. May serve as a technical interface with the external and internal customers for assigned projects or assignments.
5. Performs testing of equipment under the supervision of Sr. Engineer
6. Participates in design reviews on all assigned projects.
7. Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction
8. Interacts with various internal/external groups in support of project efforts.
9. Obtains product technical information from other business units of Rockwell Automation and vendors as required.
10. Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction.
11. Builds relationships at the technical level of Rockwell customers.
12. Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the team.
13. May provide support of proposal efforts or customer presentations
14. Always operates under all electrical safety guidelines.
15. Completes all necessary required training for location (solution center, field safety, etc.) and maintains this certification.
16. Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
Basic Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Requires a BS Degree in Engineering or applicable technical discipline
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed. Traveling to customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments
- Typically requires 0 to 2 years of experience in systems engineering related to information or automation systems.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime as needed to meet customer project commitments.
- Must perform duties in the office as part of a project team.
- Possesses application/technical knowledge relevant to assigned business team.