12-24 month contract with extension
US CITIZENS ONLY! INCORPORATED US CITIZENS ARE VERY WELCOMED!
Terraform is a must-have. Experience with Mulesoft, OpenShift, Kafka, Mongo DB, Postgres, RedShift, etc. are all nice to have
Candidates are required to go to Harrisburg, PA 3-4 times a year. Expenses are reimbursed.
· 10 – 15 years of experience in infrastructure support, delivery, engineering and architecture
· 5+ years of experience in cloud architecture, design, configuration, & support (AWS preferred)
Agile and DevOps
· SAFe Agile
· Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
· Continuous Process Improvement & Automation
· DevOps & DevSecOps
· Agile Release Trains (ART)
· Atlassian JIRA
· Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Core
· AWS Billing
· AWS Core Technologies (EC2, S3, etc.)
· AWS Redshift
· AWS ELB/ALB
· AWS Performance Management
· AWS CloudWatch
· AWS VPCs
· Azure Core & Tenancy
· Azure Billing
· NoSQL Databases (Mongo DB)
· Relational Databases (DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
· Cloud Security Best Practices
· Problem Solving Skills
· Experience with FedRamp & FSA
· US Citizenship and Ability to gain 6c federal clearance
· Accountable to be the industry Subject Matter Expert in installing OpenShift v4.x in IPI in an AWS Cloud environment with deep experience in microservices and CI-CD pipeline integration into openshift including JBOSS EAP
· Responsible to drive architectural decisions, develop guidance and best practices and deliver the technical capabilities especially around the areas of industry expertise
· Responsible for managing customer expectations, influencing key technical decisions, providing best practices and guiding architectural principles and leading communities of practice on key technology elements.
· Accountable for engineering, delivering and supporting all aspects of the PHEAA AWS Gov. Cloud in alignment with NIST 800-53, FedRamp and Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Security Architecture standards.
· Responsible for training, mentoring and coaching other team members on the areas of his or her industry expertise
· Accountable for debugging cloud-based distributed systems (AWS)
· Accountable to architect, engineer, deliver and support all solutions as infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform in conjunction with various configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible)
· Responsible for leading the AWS environment performance management, logging, monitoring, reporting and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) in conjunction with security policies to ensure compliance and meet audit requirements (Federal and otherwise) especially as it pertains to the areas of industry expertise.
· Responsible for supporting the CI/CD pipeline(s) across multiple organizations
· Embodies drives and influences the innovative DevOps mindset necessary to guide PHEAA to the future Cloud Native environment that will power its vision.
· Accountable to ensure that the Cloud Transformation results in the highly anticipated cost savings via strong architectural guidance, influencing key stakeholders and technologists to best practices and ensuring cost effective cloud environment operations
· Responsible as the last line of defense for 24x7x365 operational environment support for his or her area of industry expertise to ensure environment stability
· Able to quickly adapt, learn new technical and soft skills and provide training to other team members.
· Accountable for learning and becoming cross-functionally expert with other industry experts in other capabilities. For instance, if the candidate was a Cloud Database Expert, they may be asked to become a secondary expert for Kafka or Infrastructure as Code.
· Accountable for configuring key core technologies such as OpenShift, Kafka, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, MuleSoft, Ansible and other tools as needed to meet the needs of PHEAA’s cloud capabilities.
· Responsible for recommending, designing and configuring VPCs, Account Management, and other segregation, routing and security protocols within the PHEAA Cloud.
Certifications & Education
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
· AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (AWS)
· AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
· MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Microsoft)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $57.00 to $69.00 /hour
- Mainframe to Microservices: 5 years (Required)
- Terraform: 5 years (Required)
- CI-CD pipeline integration into openshift including JBOSSEAP: 5 years (Required)
- installing OpenShift v4.x in IPI in an AWS Cloud: 5 years (Required)
- microservices: 5 years (Required)
- US Citizenship (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: