We are looking for C++ and Android/Java developers to join our growing team to work on embedded automotive projects.
- MUST be a US citizen or have unrestricted and continuing employment authorization in the US.
- Have a BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE
- 2+ years work experience with C++ or Java programming languages
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Be motivated to continue to learn new skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with the customer.
One or more of the following additional skills are highly desired but not required:
- Development experience with embedded real time operating systems (QNX, Embedded Linux, Android Automotive).
- Development experience with mobile devices running iOS, Android, and/or Windows Mobile.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Software subsystem design and implementation
- Attend code and design reviews
- Interact with customers
- Help drive the technical direction of the engineering group in the following areas:
- Coding standards and guidelines
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Provide assistance to other engineers in a constructive manner that will promote productivity
Abalta Technologies provide a generous benefits package that includes medical benefits for you and your family and 20 days of personal time off (PTO).
There’s never been a more exciting time to be a part of the automotive technology industry. The average car rolls off the manufacturing line today with up to 100 computers, millions of lines of code, and the ability to connect to the cloud. This enables game-changing developments like autonomous vehicles and “smart” cars that can do everything from running your favorite apps to turning your house lights on before you even pull into the driveway.
Here at Abalta Technologies, we’re on the front lines of the automotive revolution, developing innovative connected car solutions for major automakers and suppliers all over the world. In fact, it’s safe to say that we’re pioneers in the car technology space, led by industry veterans who created some of the world’s first in-car navigation and mapping solutions. Today we offer a full suite of products and services that enable our customers to keep their cars connected to the future and offer drivers the ability to enjoy all their favorite apps and services in their vehicles.
Our success is a result of our ability to assemble a team of dedicated and passionate technologists who work hard, play hard, and never stop learning. We work in a fast-changing industry. All Abalta employees are encouraged to explore new technical areas and help us develop new solutions while sharpening existing skills working on our leading products and services. Our team members help each other become great software engineers capable of solving some of the hardest problems on the planet. We are headquartered in San Diego, California with a growing presence in the greater Dallas area, specifically Irving.
If you’re looking for a challenging opportunity to work on products and services that are re-shaping one of the biggest industries in the world, surrounded by a team of innovative and passionate software engineers, let’s talk. We’re looking for software engineers to join our core development team. Our ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with great drive and motivation who wants to work on exciting products that will be deployed by large global companies.'
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location