simpleroute is seeking a Platform Engineer who excels at scripting, automation and putting real world issues into solutions through software. Whether through picking up an API or leveraging vendor integrations directly, the Platform Engineer’s goal is to help make life easier for the rest of the team through reducing repetitive results and keeping software up to date and secure. The Platform Engineer role at simpleroute is critical to our operations. As our Platform Engineer, you’ll control patch deployment strategies, tackle system automation tasks and ensure we are on a path that will drive our success. Customer service is incredibly important in the role. While light, positive end-user interaction helps boost our image and solve client issues while identifying the priority of work. The best candidates will be empathetic to the needs of our clients and work to balance their needs with our technical resources to ensure swift resolution of issues. Additional duties may include upgrading infrastructure, testing and driving failover between our on-premise infrastructure and our colocation facility infrastructure, using APIs to script and populate data in our PSA, RMM and Documentation platforms, testing, evaluating and documenting process for new technologies.
The Platform Engineer is responsible for keeping our tools up to date, operating efficiently and redundantly. Our Platform Engineer plays a central role in developing and deploying IT strategy for simpleroute. As a Platform Engineer, duties include:
- Upgrading and maintaining internal software and hardware infrastructure in both our on-premise environment and in our collocated infrastructure.
- Overseeing backup strategies, helping design disaster recovery strategy and practicing our incident response/disaster recovery strategies.
- Automating routing tasks and testing scripts prior to deployment in our RMM platform for technicians.
- Using software APIs to work around limitations in our platform software.
- Devising processes and reporting on progress in keeping our current infrastructure up to date and new.
- Revising documentation of our infrastructure and keeping documentation updated as changes are made.
- Assist in leveraging ADFS for SAML/SSO login to vendor sites we use.
- Testing new technologies prior to adoption across internal and client infrastructure. Building best practices and deployment documentation based on those tests.
- Helping integrate client sites into our changes in both process and solutions stack.
Candidates should demonstrate high functionality across time management, scheduling and resource optimization disciplines. While the position may entail some light coding, this role is really one best filled by someone who loves to learn new technology and push the limits of software. A software/scripting background and clear communication skills are fundamental to this position
Potential applicants are required to have reliable transportation for company-reimbursed local travel. The Platform Engineer role generally does not go on-site but emergencies could require an on-site if necessary. A personal background check is required prior to employment. While organizational skills are paramount to the position, strong candidates may additionally demonstrate base level knowledge across a vast array of IT areas including:
- Strong reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to break apart complex information and relay in a way end-users can easily understand.
- Networking technologies including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, firewall configuration, Microsoft Hyper- V, Windows registry, routing, TCP/IP v4/v6, QoS, VMware, VLANs, VPN and wireless.
- Backup, disaster recovery and data recovery experience.
- Google Workspace, Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange support, implementation and maintenance.
- Professional Services Automation (PSA) and/or ticketing software experience. Remote monitoring and management (RMM) software experience.
- Software design and application development fundamentals.
Started in 2009, simpleroute is one of Vermont’s leading managed services firms with the sole aim to provide the best support possible for end-users. We do this through getting to know our clients, anticipating and meeting their needs and strong adherence to technical process and documentation standards. We offer a challenging yet fun atmosphere and provide ample opportunity for employees to grow both through education and project-based learning.
simpleroute offers several benefits including:
- 7 paid holidays Up to 4-weeks PTO with seniority
- 401k program with employer matching schedule
- Health, dental and vision programs Education opportunities and approved certification reimbursement
- Flexible and fun work environment
- One paid day of VTO (Volunteer Time Off)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
We follow the state guidelines for COVID-19 precautions.
Work Location: One location