What will be your role?
Reporting to the Product Engineering Director, the Product Engineer will be called to work in a number of different areas lead by project managers, to design and deliver most cost-effective HVAC-R solution for several marine projects and to ensure adherence to contractual requirements. The Product Engineer is accountable for the quality of the design and the accuracy of the detail design of equipment and systems (including integrated controls) and ensures that all is anchored in sound engineering principles. Actively participates in the execution of the project, often called upon to multi-task effectively and support multiple projects simultaneously. Interacts with the project team and supports the product team in interactions with the client to resolve technical issues and concerns.
- Design /selection of Refrigeration Systems and HVAC Equipment (merchant, Navy and Offshore) in line with contractual requirements including the detail design (calculations, component selections, etc), control philosophy, control system P&IDs and other project control documents as established in Bronswerk’s Project Lifecycle;
- Provide recommendations to Project Manager regarding component requirements and selection for use in safe and hazardous/contaminated areas. Provide solutions in line with the requirements of the applicable regulatory body;
- Analyses component costs including labour (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) for review with Project Manager;
- Performs calculation (or supports calculations) of equipment capacities, shock and strength, center of gravity, cooling and heating capacities and requirements, etc.;
- Works with detail design specialists to prepare final drawings, Bill of Materials for procurement, Technical Specifications Data Sheets, Air Flow diagrams, and all other supporting documentation required in the contract;
- Conduct configuration control on Engineering documents;
- Prepares required engineering documentation/deliverables as per contract;
- May be called to support Start up / Air Balancing of the HVAC systems or perform onboard inspections and audits;
- All other type of design/ engineering work related to contract requirements.
- Designs specialized and standard refrigeration, cooling, heating or ventilaiton components required for military, offshore and commercial applications;
- Designs test procedures to validate efficacy of equipment; may have to design test procedures to meet MIL-SPEC;
- Oversees the development and testing of the equipment and/or prototype;
- Work with the Project Manager to develop project plan;
- Track labour, materials, testing costs and provide updates to bi-monthly Project Management Reviews;
- Maintain on-going documentation of project in accordance with the Provincial and Federal R&D requirements as well as Bronswerk’s Project Lifecycle;
- Supports Project Manager in monitoring and addressing client design issues, challenges and concerns including any contractual litigation issues.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Coursework in HVAC design or heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Familiar with AutoCAD and Inventor (an asset)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and apply technical resources with minimal supervision.
- Attention to quality and detail, as well as being a quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual English and French.
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program
- Continuous professional development
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: firstname.lastname@example.org