Project Engineer/Business Development Position
A well-established fish conservation company is looking for an unique, dynamic, experienced, degreed Project Engineer who specializes in Business Development to join our team of professionals. This person should have an understanding of customized scientific and technological advanced products. This position directs/manages the business development activities of the project management department and drives new sales for the department, which plays a key role in the company’s bottom line. Responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. This person will be responsible for the acquisition of new projects and project bids and traveling off site for prospective project locations.
- Responsible for heading up the expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients
- Building relationships with existing clients in an attempt to lead to new projects
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs
- Prepare feasibility studies for projects
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications.
- Collaborate with the technical team to understand customer requirements to provide support
- Work in partnership with the lead electronic engineer to help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Responsible for all initial barrier inquiries from stage-1through stage-3 design transitioning to project director for implementation, install, and oversight.
- Create, negotiate and close agreements
- You will be instrumental in devising and implementing the strategy for reaching new project targets
Requirements of the role
- Show an understanding of the challenges facing the industry at present and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing related to technical division
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate new development ideas
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
- Experience in working with senior management to align technical sales strategies and solutions
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Support marketing activities, including trade/ scientific shows, presentations, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
3-5 years of proven experience
Science background a plus
Willingness to travel Domestic and International
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
Capable of working with little supervision in a team environment
Capable of balancing multiple tasks
Passionate about solving customer problems by coming up with solutions
Excellent writing and communication skills
Please reply with cover letter and resume, which outlines your experience.
Generous benefit package, competitive wages, drug screening and E-Verify compliant required. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.