More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They'll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world's leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We're looking for a Farm Data Specialist to make sure our customers are the most effective management technology users in the agriculture industry. You will be a responsible, self-starting individual who completes data projects on behalf of our paid professional services clients. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
At Granular, you'll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise on a mission to revolutionize the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We're growing quickly, and expanding our team in [where]. We're looking for self-motivated, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You'll Get To Do:
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Master Granular Business product functionality and customer data acquisition and entry methods
- Collect client data from various sources (spreadsheets, third party software, and office records) and organize according to the project requirements
- Enter and/or reconcile data into Granular Business on behalf of clients
- Communicate with the client and account manager throughout the project to clarify questions and share results
- Projects include assisting with account set up, monitoring and reconciling machine data, entering inventory delivery tickets, and entering historical records.
- For ongoing projects, meet data reconciliation and reporting deadlines
- Recommend additional services to clients based on successful interactions or if further pain points are identified during the project life cycle
- Help inform Account Executives and Customer Success Managers about available services project benefits, processes, and client impact
- Complete internal data projects and analyses to help enable our account managers
- Set up a project, communicate business and technical requirements, and execute project deadlines efficiently and accurately.
Perks and Benefits:
- Direct experience and/or a strong professional understanding of the agricultural industry. This is a must, because to work with farm data efficiently you need to recognize the information and relate to growers questions and requests.
- Working knowledge of agricultural inputs, cropping practices, inventory tracking methods, and/or machine data systems including MyJohnDeere, Climate FieldView, Trimble Ag, Case IH Precision Ag, and others.
- High attention to detail and are good at organizing information
- Can comfortably use Excel
- Self-starter that can work independently and contribute to team developments
- Comfortable learning new processes every day - as a new but growing team we're constantly evolving our work
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, esp over the phone and email
- You exude optimism, teamwork, and simplicity
- Work smart and efficiently while juggling multiple tasks and channels
- BA or BS from a leading university with a track record of academic excellence.
Who We Are:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build more profitable and efficient farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. As the world's leading FMS, Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE: CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/ ( http://granular.ag/ ), Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/ ( https://www.facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/ )