Streem is a company with a simple mission:
make the world’s expertise more accessible. We believe that as quickly as you can hail a ride with your phone, you should be able to have a plumber check out your leaky faucet. We are building a platform for experts to provide remote, on-demand services to their customers, saving money and time in traffic, and providing a better overall experience for both parties.
But Streem goes a step further. By bringing together some of the latest technologies in a convenient and easy to use app, we are revolutionizing communication beyond just normal remote video. Using Augmented Reality, now the plumber can literally reach out and point at the problem area, instead of trying to explain with just words. They can also take remote measurements, because Streem is capturing depth information during the call. Using Machine Learning and Image Recognition, we can identify products, extract model/serial numbers, recognize problems situations, and more, making the professional even more efficient than if they were onsite.
Does this sound like a product and mission you want to be a part of? If so, keep reading. Streem is looking for the best people to join our team of highly skilled engineers, and we hope that is you!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with all sides of the Streem business, providing value in many ways, not always in your core competency
- Learn and use several different technologies in a cross-functional environment
- Share your experiences and knowledge with a savvy team of engineers
- Be pushed to grow personally, professionally, and technically
- Help build a product that we and our users love around the world
What You'll Need
Streem is looking for the best engineers and brightest minds. Consider this a list of guidelines, because if you can demonstrate solid skills, high energy, quick learning, and integrity, we want to meet you regardless.
We are looking for Full Stack Engineers with the following qualities:
Bonus qualities include:
- 4+ years of writing high-quality Java or Kotlin code in a service framework like Dropwizard or Spring Boot
- Experience with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining secure and scalable REST APIs
- Understands and able to discuss the tradeoffs between multi-threaded vs single-threaded services, stateless vs stateful services, monolith vs microservices, and various deployment architectures
- Able to write efficient SQL queries with a good understanding of data structures and relational databases
- Passion about code craftsmanship, writing maintainable code, and following best practice standards
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly and proficiently
- Team-oriented mindset with great communication skills
- AWS deployment experience with Docker (extra bonus for using Terraform)
- Experience diagnosing server issues, setting up error reporting, and configuring a logging architecture
- Familiarity with monitoring, reporting and analytics tools such as New Relic, Datadog, and Metabase
- Some experience using React and Redux
- Good understanding of dependency and build tools (Gradle, NPM, Webpack, etc)
- Familiarity with CI/CD build automation
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Command-line experience (git, curl, brew, etc)
- Experience with Scrum/Agile frameworks
About The Company
Streem started like many startups - out of pure passion and necessity. Co-Founders, Ryan (CEO) and Sean (CTO), began building the business nights and weekends in 2017. Both had several experiences needing a product like Streem, and were sick and tired of all the inefficiencies in the home services market. Since then, we've been growing the product and the team to meet our high goals and expectations, both from ourselves and our customers.
We have raised one of the largest Seed rounds in Portland history at just under $4 million. This has allowed us to bring on a very talented team across the entire company.
Streem has been nominated for (and won) a handful of awards in its short life time:
- Rated #2 Hottest Tech Startup Globally in 2019 by Crunchbase
- 2019 OEN Development Stage Company of the Year (winner)
- 2018 OEN Game Changer Award (winner)
- Best App award at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain (winner)
- TAO Startup of the Year, Pre-Revenue (finalist)
- Best Consumer App, Augmented World Expo (finalist)
Our office is located on the 11th floor on 3rd and Alder in downtown Portland, and we love to walk to the food carts for lunch. Learn more at http://streem.pro
Diversity, equity, and inclusion work. Streem prioritizes building a work environment and culture that works well for employees of every race, gender, sexual orientation, size, disability, and background. Ask us how!
No silos, no egos. Streem values ideas, interdisciplinary collaboration, and open exchange of constructive feedback. To make this safe for everyone, we foster a culture of trust and respect rather than competition between employees. If you’ve got skills or interests outside what we mentioned in our listing, we want to know about them!
Week-long 10% time. Once a quarter, our whole team sets aside the strategic roadmap and spends a week on whatever we each think is important. Doing this together encourages big ideas and cross-department team-ups, and it’s a lot of fun.
Enjoy your work life; keep your home life. We’ve got a fun office with free snacks, cold brew, and beer on tap for our Demo Day Fridays. Streemers spend time together in a lunch-hour book club and while supporting our neighborhood’s wealth of great restaurants and cart pods. At the end of the day, we go home. Our co-founders both have young children and lead by example through avoiding crunch and exercising our unlimited PTO policy.
You probably spend the majority of your time coding at your desk, so we think it is important for you to know how that will feel.
- Each person has a super widescreen external monitor
- Everyone uses new MacBook Pros
- Our desks are glass, so you can use whiteboard markers to jot ideas
- All desks are electronic sit-stand desks
- At your 1-year anniversary, you'll receive a personalized bobblehead of you wearing some Streem swag, so we hope that is on your desk as well : -)
What more can we share with you? We have amazing health insurance, play all genres of music at the office, enjoy a beer during Friday demos, try to minimize time in meetings, sometimes get competitive at ping pong, and generally just enjoy working on Streem and changing the world of communication for the better. We hope you will too.